Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I've graduated!!

I have the right to be here,........ at Food Lion..... to shop. Lately something new has risen up in my spirit. Having done some serious warfare against " ugly" in the arena of the mind, the voices that scream at me when I would go in public, ( not unlike the voices that whisper in "lispy" hushed tones the morning, )I've gained a new approach to shopping. I used to have to psyche myself up, not more than once , leave, because I didn't have the courage to face the stares, even the snickers, yeah, from adults! Or "kids" in adult bodies. I thought Myles my 8 yr old was going to take one teenager apart. " Calm down tiger"
Today I have turned a "corner". I held my head up in the store today, not in pride..... IN DEFIANCE!!!!!!! "ugly" I'm done hanging my head in fear, in shame, in embarrassment. YOUR FINISHED PUSHING ME AROUND! This is war!! and , "bang bang" your dead!! Thank you Papa for showing how to use my weapons, especially the Sword of the Spirit, I really like that one......I get a charge out of "uglies" fiery darts , fizzle out at my feet, pathetic things that they are.

As a gift for my "graduation" from the old me, The Papa blessed me by " introducing " me to Linda. Linda came up to my car after finishing loading my groceries, kindly told me if I ever need some help, she has a teen who I could call on. She asked me if I had had a stroke ( how did she know mmmmmm?) and that she was a nurse, OH that's how she knew! :) Her eyes teared up while we talked, she said she feel s so sorry for me. I assured her that I felt sorry about the stroke enough for the both of us. (I could have used a nurse like her when I was in "rehab".)
The truth is, I'm getting past the sadness, I'm entering in to new excitement. ugly has been a big help, in that the more he (he? the lisp makes me wonder, I 'm just sayin...) screams that I will never have the use of my hand back, the more I BELIEVE I WILL!!
" uglies" good for somethin.







1 comment:

Mama said...

We are so proud of you! Sometimes people can be so cruel, I personally think your beautiful!! You go girl, no one and nothing can hold you down!

Valerie