Saturday, April 12, 2008

Betrayal

My body has served my well these 50 years, so I should be thankful, I am. I have taken good care of her, went out of my way to do it right. I feel betrayed by my body, abandoned by it. Of course my body has not a mind of its own, she is not doing this on purpose.SOOOOO

I don't dare ask why.
I feel betrayed by my Lord, giving access to my life to the evil one...... right now the scripture that come to mind is Psalm 119:75 " in Faithfulness You have afflicted me" . Surley "We see in the mirror dimly"

Isaiah 50:10 says WHO AMONG YOU FEAR THE LORD? WHO OBEYS THE VOICE OF HIS SERVANT? WHO WALKS IN DARKNESS AND HAS NO LIGHT? LET HIM TRUST IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, AND RELY UPON HIS GOD.

AMEN!!!!

1 comment:

anne said...

Yes, our bodies let us all down sooner or later. It's encouraging to know that Christ experienced this too, and at the height of his physical prowess. He has been there before, and has a new body, in part to remind you that you too have a new body coming . In a fallen world, everything lets us down. Everything but God!