Monday, December 15, 2008

Sipping the cup....

Jesus said" if it your will take this cup away from me; nevertheless not My will, but yours, be done.
Well he drank , the whole cup. That was Gods will. He confirmed again His submission," permit this" when his disciples cut one of servant ears off when they came to take him. Not anyone took note that he just healed the guy. Were they focused or what. Rabid I call it.

He who abides in Him ought to himself also to walk just as He walked. 1 John 1:6
God asks us to drink from the cup of suffering, to share in Christs lot. Me,me pick me, we say, right? Not quite. Maybe if I keep a low profile, you know not make waves, He'll pass me by. OR maybe if I pray everyday, GO TO CHURCH, tithe, 15% , that'll keep Him off my scent. Its funny, when we want something from God, we do the same things, GOING TO CHURCH, tithe, pray. mmmmm?
Well lately I feel like I've sipped from the "cup". Not a big drink compared to Christ, but a sip.
I thought it would bear fruit, it should right? But I find myself getting really ticked off at the different situations I find myself in. Gods put a lot of thing in my lap that would humble most people, being stripped of everything should make appreciate things that you given back, not me, it just has made me want more!!!!! Ingrate!!! True confessions. If I was Jesus standing next to the guy with the ear that just got lopped off, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't lay hands on him to heal him! When I look around, or hear of others trials thats enough to bring me to my knees in repentance, but its not long before I find myself at it again.. grumbling ! I've really felt this the last three weeks or so. Before I could just take a deep breath when my " sleeping arm" knocked something over, or when I couldn't open a jar with my usual tricks. Why now? when I have come so far should I lose hope? lose patience? Maybe this is just a phase, I've find myself crying again, like today I went out to see my horse and I unexpectedly started wailing. Good thing I was alone! Maybe its more grieving, I thought that was over....

No comments: