Friday, April 25, 2008

Affliction...

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. 2 Cor 4:17
"Is this all there is ?" Ever here that question? The answer is obviously "no" This "light affliction" is put into perspective when I look around me, something I've done alot lately. This is "light" compared to the plight of other people I know, God has been paradeing the plights of others by me so I can keep it all in perspective, and have a measure of gratitude that is growing. We know God has a much bigger plan, it doesn't always center around our being comfortable, in fact that seems to be the bottom of His list of objectives. I am not even sure its ON the list. He wants to form us into the image of His Son, here is the bad news, we are perfected through suffering. Thats right, made perfect by getting stomped on. WE ARE HARD PRESSED...YET NOT CRUSHED, WE ARE PERPLEXED, BUT NOT IN DESPAIR, PERSECUTED, YET NOT FORSAKEN, STRUCK DOWN, BUT NOT DESTROYED..... That struck down sounds familiar...mmmmm. He did'nt let me be destroyed, the devil would have loved that. God has a plan, no this not all there is....stay tuned

No comments: