Sunday, July 12, 2009

Taking the Offensive!

Maybe its because I was a rebellious child growing up this come natural . Now that I'm on the right side of "the law" so to speak, this "rebellion" still comes in handy, but it displays it self in constructive ways. I'm not crawling out the windows at night anymore. Now it is more like "taking the offensive" against anything and everything that stands in my way of a goal. Following God more closely or doing something that my body say "no, you can't do that!"" O yeah...... watch me"

Michael and I were going out to dinner, like we do every Friday night, and I was meeting him in town. There no parking so I had to park a long way from the office. I called Michael and he said he's be there in "5". " SUUURRRE" There was a "pot holed" parking lot, a street with a big curb, and " hill" to maneuver. Imagine these being my "obstacles"!! But everything is relative. I was so mad that something as mundane as a curb, pot holes ,and hill would dictate my going in to the office on my own. I said to myself, " I can do this" 15 mins later I did. Gods grace.

In the matter of following after God there is a plethora of ways to take the offensive, thereby pleasing God. Forgiving a an offense, when someone has wrong you, send them flowers. Go the "extra mile" when doing a favor. Something as simple as going in to a prayer time when your not "feeling" inspired. I have found that whenever you take one step , God takes 100.
In this age of " VICTIM HOOD" people get in habit of going on the defensive, every where you turn you can see it..........
Imagine if the Church would go on the OFFENSIVE.... mmmmmm I don't think we would be where we are in America today, but that another topic, related but, nonetheless for another day.

No comments: